Tom is a principal of the firm and chair of its Commercial Real Estate Department. Tom has over 20 years of experience in representing Fortune 500 companies, national and local banks, retailers, shopping center owners, and investors in all facets of acquisition, development, operation and leasing of commercial real estate throughout the country.
Notable and representative transactions that Tom has handled include:
- ▪ Representation of a manufacturing client in the acquisition of 300,000+ s.f. manufacturing, warehouse and distribution campus in Littleton, Massachusetts.
- ▪ Representation of a national bank in the acquisition and ground up development of a multi-building corporate campus in Johnston, Rhode Island consisting of over 450,000 square feet of building area, a parking garage, and other site amenities, and involving major off-site infrastructure improvements, inter-governmental development contracts, municipal tax incentive agreements, and reciprocal easement agreements.
- ▪ Representation of a national retail client in the acquisition, ground lease and building lease of over 150 store locations nationally.
Tom also has extensive experience in representing both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of lease agreements for commercial property of all types, from downtown commercial office and retail space leases in major cities such as Boston, Chicago, and Providence, to suburban warehouse and distribution leases, to shopping center in-line leases, to outparcel and freestanding ground leases.
Tom is actively involved in professional and community service organizations. He is a past-President (2015) of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association, and continues to serve on the Association’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He also serves on the Real Estate Section Council of the Massachusetts Bar Association. He also serves on the finance committee of St. Anne Church in Southborough, MA and is a former member of the Southborough Zoning Board of Appeals.
- ▪ Boston College (1991)
- ▪ Boston College Law School (1994)
- ▪ Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP (Partner 2008-2017; Associate 2000-2008)
- ▪ Rosenberg & Schapiro (Associate 1994-2000)
- ▪ Massachusetts
Federal District Court, District of Massachusetts
- ▪ Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association (REBA)
➢ Past President (2015)
➢ Executive Committee (2013—present)
➢ Board of Directors (2010—present)
➢ Co-chair, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- ▪ Massachusetts Bar Association
- ▪ International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- ▪ National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP)
- ▪ Boston Bar Association