Maya is Of Counsel for the firm and practices primarily in the Commercial Real Estate Department. Maya has over 20 years of experience, both in-house and in private practice, representing an internationally-acclaimed higher education institution, a national financial institution, multi-family property developers, shopping center owners, and investors in all facets of commercial real estate, including acquisitions, developments, leasing, and facility management and operation.
Notable and representative transactions that Maya has handled include:
▪ Representation of higher education institution in development of multi-family, multi-building residential complex, from initial site selection stage through concept development and permitting.
▪ Lead in-house counsel for national financial institution in acquisition and development of 450,000 square foot corporate campus in Johnston, Rhode Island, which project included infrastructure improvements, environmental restrictions, tax-incentive agreements, and multiple easement agreements.
▪ Directed legal governance and administration of leaseholds for over 1,200 traditional retail and in-store branches as well as multi-purpose offices located throughout the U.S. and in Canada, Brazil, and Mexico.
Maya has represented tenants and landlords in all areas of leasing, from traditional retail stores and offices to mixed-use properties to warehouses, throughout the United States and Canada. In addition, she has extensive experience advising clients with respect to strategic planning, risk management, and litigation strategy.
Maya is actively involved in her community. She is an elected member of the Westwood School Committee, currently serving as Vice Chair, and is Chair of the Westwood School Building Committee, in which capacity she is working with the Massachusetts School Building Authority to develop a new elementary school in Westwood. Maya is also on the Board of the Westwood Food Pantry.
- ▪ Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL, J.D., cum laude
- ▪ Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME, B.A., magna cum laude
- ▪ MKP Law, LLC
- o Founder, Principal (2019 – present)
- ▪ Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- o Counsel, Office of the General Counsel (2017-2019)
- ▪ Royal Bank of Scotland/Citizens Bank, N.A.
- o Senior Vice President, Senior Counsel (2014-2017)
- o Vice President, Counsel (2010-2014)
- ▪ Dionne & Gass LLP (n/k/a Saul Ewing LLP)
- o Of Counsel (2008-2010)
- o Associate (2003-2008)
- ▪ Hill & Barlow, P.C.
- o Associate (2000-2002)
- ▪ Massachusetts
- ▪ Boston Bar Association
- ▪ Women’s Bar Association