Doug is a founding member of the firm and focuses his practice on condominium and real estate litigation, real estate development and permitting, land use litigation and employment law. He has successfully tried numerous cases before state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels and has represented clients in a variety of administrative proceedings and private dispute resolution forums. In a wide-ranging practice, Doug has represented condominium associations, homeowner associations and property management companies in disputes of all kinds including; actions against unit owners, enforcement actions, common area conflicts, phasing and development matters, construction defect claims, developer transition and contract disputes. He has also represented individuals, condominium associations, developers, and multinational corporations in land use disputes involving small parcels and huge tracts. Doug further guides individual owners and developers through local and state permitting processes for various types of real estate development projects. A specialist in employment law as well as in land use and condominium law, Doug has advised employers (including condominium associations and management companies) on employment practices and regulatory compliance issues and represented them in litigation involving; Employment discrimination claims, unfair competition claims, wage disputes, severance agreements, noncompetition provisions and employee dismissals, among other matters.
Doug has lectured on condominium, real estate development and litigation, and employment litigation for various organizations, including the Community Associations Institute New England Chapter and Real Estate Bar Association, and frequently writes articles for CondoMedia, the official publication of the New England Chapter of the Community Associations Institute and REBA News.
- ▪ Denison University, Granville, Ohio (1993)
- ▪ Suffolk University Law School (1999)
- ▪ Community Associations Institute of New England
- ▪ Member and former Chair of Attorneys Committee (2007)
- ▪ Member, Massachusetts Legislative Action Committee
- ▪ Real Estate Bar Association
- ▪ Co-Chair, Legislation Section (2014-present)
- ▪ Member, Board of Directors (2017-present)
- ▪ Member, Litigation Committee
- ▪ Member, Litigation and Zoning and Land Use Sections
- ▪ Member, Condominium Committee
- ▪ Massachusetts Bar Association - Member
- ▪ Massachusetts
- ▪ Maine
- ▪ Federal District Court, District of Massachusetts
- ▪ Supreme Court of the United States
- ▪ Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star in Boston Magazine’s annual listing (2008-2011)
- ▪ Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in Boston Magazine’s annual listing annually, since 2013.